Re: Oracle Question!!

From: Guy Pardoe <Info_at_PardoeOnline.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 10:45:33 GMT

I saw the web site mentioned and some data on LOBs. It said when you access the LOB data you don't actually get the data, you get a locater to the data. Then you can use other functions to get at the data (if I understand it correctly).

Does this mean that the CLOB datatype is not a candidate for a SQL Pass-Through query from an app?

i.e., from a client app can I send:

SQLEXEC(1,"SELECT * FROM table1")

when table1 has CLOB datatypes?

Guy Pardoe
Pardoe Development Corporation Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 05:45:33 CDT