OCI host variables for LOBS in .Pro *c

From: pauldb <luapdb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 02:17:15 -0800

Hi..

I am trying to write some code to read and write LOBS. I have decided to use the OCI host variables as a locator for the LOB instead of using a PL/SQL package.

SO, I have defined the locator as
 OCIClobLocator *blobptr;

for which I have to include "oci.h".
I changed my makefile to include the include path for this and all the files that it includes as well.

However, it gives precompiler error in "oratype.h" where it fails to recognise
typedef unsigned int uword;
It complains that it was not expecting the word 'int'.

Is there anyone who has experience with using the OCI locators with LOBS.

Is there anyone with experience with using LOBs in Pro*c?

I would really appreciate any help i can get.

Thanks,
Paul