ORA-01013 error and Humble Pie!

From: Martin Strandgard <m.strandgard_at_landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 10:11:13 +1000

Recently I sent a message to this newsgroup concerning a problem I was having deleting records from an ORACLE 8 db via a VB5 application.

The problem was that when I attempted to delete more than about 4000 recs via VB, I received an ORA-01013 error, which is an informative error to let the user know that ORACLE received a CTRL-C. Now I knew I wasn't pressing CTRL-C so what was happening?

After much chasing of ORACLE and ODBC red herrings, a colleague suggested that it could be a VB limit. Sure enough, the problem is caused by the default value of QueryTimeout being 60 seconds!

Pass me another slice of humble pie, please. :) Received on Tue Jun 01 1999 - 19:11:13 CDT