Null Date Update Error - Help please -

From: Michael Milliron <Okana_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:12:03 -0700

Application developed in VB5
Database connectivity using RDO/Oracle ODBC Server recently updated to 8.0.4 from 7.3 Oracle Server is on NT4 SP4
Client machines are Win95

Two users machines whose ODBC have been updated to 8.0.4 are experiencing an odd date error. When they update date fields in the application that are empty, the value that is saved to the database is 11/30/1899.

The application sends a Null if there is no data in the field when an update occurs. The Null value is being misinterpreted during the update.

I found another date error issue that is similar for the 8.0.4 ODBC driver on technet.oracle.com but it is not this exactly. (ODBC:SQLBINDPARAMETER IGNORES SQL_NULL_DATA FLAG Report Number: 647207)

Has anyone seen this or know about it or is it documented somewhere. My feeling is to update the ODBC drivers to at least the 8.0.4.3 drivers mentioned in the above article - will that fix it??

Thanks in advance for any assistance I can receive -

--
Mike Milliron
okana_at_msn.com