Date format and Oracle

From: Kinna Patel <kinna_at_qmark.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 12:00:04 GMT

Does anyone know what the SQL is to insert a field of date format into an Oracle database.

At the moment I am using

Update R_List set Date1 = '6/1/99'

which is suppose to insert a date of 1 June 99 into my table.

However, I get an error 'not a valid month' when my database is Oracle. However, this SQL works when the database is say SQL.

I need some SQL whcih will work whatever database I am using.

I hope some in this newsgroup will be able to help. Received on Tue Jun 01 1999 - 07:00:04 CDT