Can you send email from a stored Procedure?

From: Geogie Varughese <Geogie_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 22:24:25 -0400

Hi

    I am new to Oracle and I have a need to create an Ascii file using an oracle stored procedure. This I have done without a problem. The problem I have is I need to e-mail this ASCII file to certain people and I was wondering if I can do this from within the stored procedure. If any one can give some hints on this I would appreciate it Thank You
Geogie Received on Mon May 31 1999 - 21:24:25 CDT