'Media Recovery' in dba_locks

From: Sean B Fernandes <sean_at_unagi.cis.upenn.edu>
Date: 31 May 1999 23:54:21 GMT

What does a lock_type of 'Media Recovery' mean in dba_locks? While resolving an exclusive lock problem yesterday I noticed I had 54 entries in dba_locks of type 'Media Recovery'. Is this normal?

I experienced problems with shutting down the database shortly after I noticed this - I had to do an abort as immediate did not work. Could these problems be related? Any help would be very appreciated ...

Thanks,

Sean Received on Mon May 31 1999 - 18:54:21 CDT