Re: RELOCATE TABLES FROM ONE TABLESPACE TO ANOTHER ONE ?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 16:51:12 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Joël Dessart <yuel_at_usa.net> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sun, 30 May 1999 15:52:56 +0200, you wrote:

>I want to know if it's possible to change a table from one tablespace
>to another one without using drop and create command.
>I have a lot of tables in a bad tablespace so if it exist an easy way to
>do so...
>Thank you,
>
> Guillaume .

Prior to Oracle8i, release 8.1 when the command:

SQL> alter table emp move tablespace some_other_tablespace;

is implemented -- no. You would typically export the table. drop it and recreate it in the 'right' tablespace and import it.

Indexes can be moved with an alter index rebuild statement however.

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon May 31 1999 - 11:51:12 CDT