SQLPlus Crashing on Multiple Monitors

From: Carleton Tsui <ctsui_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 12:08:02 -0400

Hello,

I ran into a strange problem with Oracle 8i (8.1.5) SQLPlus. I installed SQLPlus on a Win98 machine with multiple monitors and every time a connection is made to our database I get "blue screened" with a vxd error. This only occurs on the Win98 machine with multiple monitors and on none of our other single monitor win98 machines. I've not found any report of this on the web and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this strange problem.

I upgraded the drivers of my graphics card and everything. It only is a problem when a connection is made. If SQLPlus returns an error (e.g. wrong database name to connect to) there is no problem. I can't imagine why a simple text window would have trouble displaying.

Any help would be appreciated. Received on Mon May 31 1999 - 11:08:02 CDT