MS Access to Oracle via ODBC won't let me Update tables..

From: Louis S Leclerc -- Personal Account <lleclerc_at_mercury.interpath.com>
Date: 31 May 1999 06:56:45 GMT

Hi all,

I would like to know how fix a problem with my Oracle - Access ODBC connection.

I set up a system (see my faq at: http://www.leclerc.com/oracle), to connect an MS Access client to an Oracle DB 8.0.5 running on a sun via ODBC.

I can read everything fine, but cannot update (I get an error that someone else edited the record since I opened it...but I know its not true). The 'read only flag in Access ODBC is not set'. It still doesn't work though.

Anyone have any ideas/fixes?

Thanks;

Lou Received on Mon May 31 1999 - 01:56:45 CDT