Re: Are most DBA jobs on UNIX or Mainframe, not NT?

From: Cedric Young <cedric.young_at_utoronto.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 03:15:33 GMT

So, in other words, you are saying if I can handle everything well on NT, I shouldn't have much problem with Unix? This is just the kind of question I was about to ask ... I was convinced that I wanted to get myself certified as an OCP but it seems every place I looked only teach Oracle in NT platform! On the other hand, Unix seems to be the way to do it!

Can someone tell me where the differences are between the two? I mean, are there only difference between the system admin. stuff? Or the entire thing is different? (ie, GUI for NT and CLI for Unix, know NT not = know Unix)

Thanks in advance for any inputs!

Cedric