Oracle8.0.4 Listener & Microsoft MTS issues

From: <racecgr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 00:12:51 GMT

We have Oracle8 installed on a Unix box and we are using Microsoft's Transaction Server running on a NT4(sp4) box to manage the connections the DB. XA Transaction support has been enabled. The problem is that whenever we start up the MSDTC service, on the NT box, Oracle's listener get 2-3 requests per second, even though there are no client sessions requesting connections. Eventually, the listener que fills up and no additional requests are serviced. To continue, we have to stop the service, shutdown MTS, and start the cycle again. We the identical software configuration on a set of NT4 boxes and we do not experience the same issues. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone experienced this or have this configuration in operation?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 19:12:51 CDT