Re: Creating a database link problems

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 15:51:36 +0800

Xenofon Grigoriadis wrote:

> Hello, everybody!
>
> Is there anyone out there with experience in Oracle (8.0.5) database
> links for use for snapshots? I don't know why, but I always get an error
> ORA-02019 "Connection description not found" when trying to create a
> simple snapshot using the SQL Worksheet, although the creation of the
> database link has been accepted. In the Net8 assistant I could not find
> any wrong configuration parameter.
>
> If anybody has experience in this field and perhaps encountered the same
> problems, please mail me now!
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Xenofon Grigoriadis

One possibility...

Make sure that the TNSNAMES.ORA file on the SERVER (as opposed to client PC's) has the entries for the database link that you are creating...

For example, if you have

create database link blah
using 'myname'

then 'myname' must be defined in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 02:51:36 CDT