Using Roles on Forms4.5/Reports2.5

From: Pedro Vilar Correia <pedro-m-correia_at_telecom.pt>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 13:54:49 -0000

   Hi there!

  I'm working on Forms4.5 and i'm having some problems with the use of roles when trying to call reports from a form. I use the built-in RUN_PRODUCT to call the report i want to execute.

The problem is that the report uses the user already logged on Forms to connect to ORACLE (wich is what i want), but as we use roles to grant privileges to users, i'm forced to put in the trigger Before Parameter Form the statment ( a little "ugly" ):

                    SRW.Do_Sql(set role <role> identified by <pass>');

I know i could pass a parameter with the role itself (maybe taken from a global variable...) but is there a way to execute reports on the same session as the one already open in the Forms?

Thanks in advance

Pedro Correia Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 08:54:49 CDT