Re: export BLOB TO a FILE ? HELP!

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:00:41 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "bee" <julienpi_at_iii.org.tw> (if that email address didn't require changing) On 28 May 1999 03:31:45 GMT, you wrote:

>I plan to use BLOB to store some multimedia data(images, sound..etc.), and
>display these data on web through an web application, thus we need to export
>BLOB or the RAW buffer into files. However I can't find any PL/SQL procedure
>to do this. Is there any way to solve this? I'm a junior programmer, and new
>to the multimedia database development using Oracle 8i. Any opinion would be
>very appreciated.

Are you using the plsql cartridge? if so, its as easy as:

create or replace package image_get
as

        procedure gif( p_id in demo.id%type );

end;
/

create or replace package body image_get as

procedure gif( p_id in demo.id%type )
is

	l_lob	blob;
	l_amt	number default 30;
	l_off   number default 1;
	l_raw   raw(4096);
begin
	select theBlob into l_lob
  	  from demo
     where id = p_id;

	owa_util.mime_header( 'image/gif' );

	begin
		loop
			dbms_lob.read( l_lob, l_amt, l_off, l_raw );
			htp.prn( utl_raw.cast_to_varchar2( l_raw ) );
			l_off := l_off+l_amt;
			l_amt := 4096;
		end loop;
	exception
		when no_data_found then
			NULL;
	end;

end;

end;
/

No intermediate file necessary.

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 07:00:41 CDT