Oracle Enterprise Manager on Solaris -- partial success

From: Honza Pazdziora <adelton_at_fi.muni.cz>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 07:35:36 GMT

Hello,

the oem.zip from the technet also seem to contain the software for Solaris (after all it's just pure Java ;-). But it's easy to show that someone with not enough common sense was used to pack the zip -- it's all uppercase. Which means that you can unpack it to uppercase or lowercase of your liking, but you've lost the case in any case, and the case is important in Unix.

Well, I've sit down and started to read the error messages and output of truss and started to fix the crippled distribution. I've used the Oracle Installer that came with Oracle 8i so that I didn't need to fix the installer part as well, I focused only on the stage area.

Now I'm in a point where the installation of Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.0.4.0.0 runs and only fails with a couple of products (unfortunatelly those I was most insterested in -- the clickable GUI  tools) with

java.util.zip.ZipException: not a ZIP file (END header not found)

        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.findEND(ZipFile.java)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.readCEN(ZipFile.java)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java)
        at oracle.sysman.oii.oiix.OiixJarClassLoader.updateEntriesList(OiixJarCl

Unfortunately I weren't yet able to find which file causes the problem (and I'm not sure my boss will be happy if I spend another two days doing this).

Under NT, the distribution seems fine.

Now, I can display my hand upeercased listing for other people to fix their tree and try as well. The only question is whether it is worth the effort (trying to make this distribution to work) and whether people are interested. Also, I'd send this as a bug report to Oracle but I didn't find any contact address for actual bugs. Or, maybe, I'd just ask them to display the correct listing of the zip so that people could check the case and the sizes. Or (the best approach) pack it as tar.

What do you suggest?

--

 Honza Pazdziora | adelton@fi.muni.cz | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/  make vmlinux.exe -- SGI Visual Workstation Howto Any spam sent to my email will be rewarded by complaint to your ISP abuse   team and abuse teams of servers that relayed that message. It works. Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 02:35:36 CDT