Re: Need your knowledge - urgent

From: <kstubm03_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 03:03:14 GMT

In article <374336f2.5366887_at_news.worldonline.nl>,   mj_at_dds.nl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >1} I have a batch file which runs the SQL LOADER which i run
> > everyday. Now i'm planning to write a stored procedure
> > which i would submit as a job to ORACLE which will fire it
> > automatically everyday.
> > The thought of HOST command struck me, but i don't know how
> > do i use a HOST command in procedure. Is it possible to
> > do so ?
> > Is there any other way to accomplish this ?
>
> If your database is running on Windows NT you can use the scheduler
> from Windows (technical service pack?).
>

> --- Martin (mje_at_telebot.com)

contd...

Thanks for all,
Martin

 About the querry above, well i'm using Sun OS with Windows 95.

 Secondly, i have some more to ask ,

1} In forms 4.5, can i copy all the records of a base table block

   to a non base table bolck with the click of a button.I tried    'Copy Value from' and 'Mirror item' but it does'nt work .Is    there any built-in to do so?
2} I have been so far working on Sun Solaris 2.5.1, but now have got

   to develop Oracle projects Windows NT. Can you tell me the    difference between the two and which is more preferable.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 22:03:14 CDT