Re: laptop inspiration ideas

From: Pra <pramorningsnospam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 May 1999 16:39:29 PDT

  I think more and more people are going online for computers. Sites like ubid, where you can pick up a laptop or a desktop for as little as a third of the price sometimes. That's probably not the usual, but I saw a guy talking about it in a deja news forum. I haven't bought a laptop there, but I got my printer through them. It was a last season's HP and it came to me for like two-thirds of retail. I hear warnings though. Sometimes people get drawn into paying over retail just because they've decided they want something and they see it right in front of them and there's nothing easier than bidding for it online and just letting them send it to you. I bid on camera equipment too and the pros often remind each other to know the retail price before they go looking for something. That way you know when you've hit a real deal.

P.

shivrM wrote...