Re: Client tools crash consistantly on 98..

From: David Russell <dbruce_at_kreative.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 18:54:55 GMT

When I installed 8.0.5 on Windows98 I got the oddest message, and it was an Oracle formatted message which read something like the following:

	"The operating system you are using has features that are too
	advanced for this version of Oracle.  There is currently no
	product available.  Refer back frequently to our website at
	www.oracle.com for updates."

What are you using on Win98? Did you get this message? What features are they talking about. The install went cleaner than it ever went on Windows 95 or NT 4.0. But, I just decided to blow it away, and also went into the registry and cleaned out all the references that I could find.

I now have 8i (8.1.5) and would be temped to play with it again... if I had some assurance that it worked. I hate non-functional software...

Thanks!
David Russell