Re: Access97 ODBC and Stored Procedures

From: Chris Weiss <weisschr_at_pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 14:58:38 -0400

Access uses stored procedures and functions poorly, depending on the version..

What I would recommend is writing a wrapper procedure that will make the call you want and write the results to a table that Access can read. You might have to fiddle with the ODBC settings to get a stored procedure call to work. I would recommend setting your SQL to pass through within Access and then reading an intermediate table for the variable results from the base function/procedure.

You might have to use an anonymous block for your call to the stored procedure:

Begin
mycall;
end;

Hope this helps.