Re: Comparing Dates

From: Fred Ruffet <fruffet_at_kaptech.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 11:31:49 +0200

Justin,

I know my answer seems to be strange, but it's the only one I know. I believe Oracle provides only one method to compare dates, which is the months_between function. It returns number of months between the two dates, and it can be floats (if difference can not be exactly expressed in months)

select months_between(date1,date2) from table

regards,

Fred

<01bea816$052c78a0$d04a17cb_at_prabbit.labyrinth.net.au>...