Creating format models

From: Paul Davies <cobalt_at_dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:31:04 +0100

I need to create a format for a money data type which I can easily refer to in my queries e.g.

Is there a more elegant way to do this than using something like to_char(number,'9,999,999,999.00') - I need to cope with amounts as large as a billion.

Also can I associate a format model with a name and use that rather than having to keep entering '9,999....'

Any help appreciated

Paul Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 04:31:04 CDT