Re: Index troubles with SQLLoader

From: Mark Gumbs <mgumbs_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 09:01:35 +0100

I use SQL*Loader and have no trouble with indexes. If you use conventional path, it updates the index as it loads each line. If using direct path, because it inserts data directly into data tables and bypassing oracle as such, the indexes may need to be rebuilt after the load. Having said that, i once used direct path and immediately after the load, SQL*Loader rebuilt the index automatically.

HTH Mark