Re: Insert image into Oracle 8.0.5

From: <joehe_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 21:04:47 GMT

You say you got this to work with Java and Oracle.

Which Oracle drivers did you use?
Did you successfully insert large image data (above 100K)?
Did you use a straight insert or a call to a procedure?
Did you require any special database configuration to get this to work?
Can you forward any sample code you might have?

I'm able to insert to Oracle with JDBC and a straight insert, but the bytes look like they are getting truncated (either on the way in or the way out.) Images less than 70K work fine. Did it work for you with bigger images?

Thanks,
Joe

In article <3740B9F7.F1A404B1_at_city-net.com>,   "John M. Heaton" <vorkus_at_city-net.com> wrote:
> It depends on how you are accessing Oracle. You
can't do it through SQLPlus
> as far as I know.
> Using some programming language you need to
create a parametized query where
> the LONG RAW
> field is a parameter. Then fill the parameter
by loading the file from your
> drive using a buffer
> and stuffing the data into the field.
>
> If you have streaming options available for
filling in parameter fields,
> that's the best choice.
> The OCI interface supports this but not all
programming languages support the
> interface. I don't
> work on solaris but I've done this with several
languages (Java, Delphi,
> C/C++) on Windows.
>
> John
>
> Sebastien RUPIN wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have pictures in a directory

(/export/home/pictures) on a solaris system
> > and I would like to insert them in an Oracle
table in a lon raw field.

> > Is it possible ? If yes, how can I do that? Do
I need a tool ?

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 25 1999 - 16:04:47 CDT