Re: how to ignore case under Oracle?

From: Dante <dnotari_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 10:44:23 GMT

... and be *very careful* with that ...

functions like upper() or lower() cause the server *not* to use an index which would cause a full table scan. Except ...
if you are using functionbased index in 8i.

Regards
Dante

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 25 1999 - 05:44:23 CDT