Please Help! Formatting Numbers with Leading Zeros

From: Sussette Blasa <stblasa_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 15:25:26 -0700

Hi--hope somone can help...I've been trying to find a way to format postal/zip code. The field is a number datatype. For example the postal code for Westport, CT is 06880. However, when a run a query like this:

SELECT POSTAL_CODE FROM DEALER_TABLE
WHERE CITY = 'WESTPORT' The output comes out with " 6880". I want the output to return with the five-digit number "06880" instead.

Any help would be appreciated!

--Sussette Received on Mon May 24 1999 - 17:25:26 CDT