Re: speedy deletes?

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 07:36:57 +0800

Hi,

I presume it is not a problem with FK checking and CASCADE deletes. If this is the case, then consider indexes, but this will probably be difficult to add online.

Otherwise, I think you need to look at array processing, which is available in PL/SQL as of Oracle8 (but it might be o8i) or PRO*C.

Also, you don't say which platform and versions you are working with.

Andrew