Re: Suggestions/advice on choosing/configuring a high load/high reliabilty system

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 12:17:42 -0400

Hi,

    Based on your post I assume you already have some NTs in house. That being the case configure an NT to support your big database, load the database, and start running some tests. If NT can hack it and you aren't comfortable with two operating systems -- stay with NT.

    If it can't hack it you've got your answer -- Unix. (If I was installing it I wouldn't bother to test NT I would just go with Unix from day one -- but then I am a Unix bigot.)

regards

Jerry Gitomer