Re: Database/System Monitoring Software

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:23:44 +0800

Hi,

Before you actually started talking to these guys have you developed an RFI / RFP that clearly states the environment you are working within, what you are wanting from the product, and some key measurables that you cannot live with out.

Also, you need to know what your budget is, and depending upon your firm, either declare this in the RFI / RFP or have it in the back ground so when you receive the formal responses you can evaluate the technical suitability and then cross reference with the budget you have in hand.

After that, then get onsite 2 of the products that best suite your needs and get someone from the consulting side (and support if possible) to help you set up the product.

Just a couple of thoughts,
Andrew