Re: Designing a PL/SQL app.

From: Danielle Engel <dogbert_at_myremarq.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 21:08:46 -0400

I'm thinking about the problem some more, and I think I have an idea that could work. I could write a procedure which in turn would build another procedure, piecing together the function calls, conditions, etc. that I need from the external file, and integrate it into the rest of the source code I need for each iteration.

I guess I would need to use DBMS_SQL to "create-or-replace" the procedure I build.

I could then iteratively call the procedure I just created.

Then I could drop the procedure at end-of-job.

Sound like a plan?