Re: Database >1 per Instance

From: Michael Krolewski <vandra_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 12:25:59 -0700

I believe you are asking if more than 1 database can be running on the same server at the same time. Yes. Each database needs a separate SID and init<sid> file.

The simplist idea is to create the second init<sid>.ctl file. And then use the Oracle instance manager software to create/start the instance. Assuming the startup is automatic, both instances will restart when the server is restarted. The user needs to pick the instance to log into.

Mike Krolewski