LOB help (8i)

From: Shmuel Cohen <shmulik_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 12:42:00 GMT

Can someone show me a sample bit of Sql and pl/sql code to INSERT NEW LOB records into a database? All the samples show how to get stuff out, but not put it in (records > 32K).

For example, if I have a database table defined as:

	create table test (
		MyLOB	CLOB
	);

Let's say I want to insert a piece of text that is 50,000 chars in length, how do I insert this? How do you initialize (or do you need to) the lob instance and insert large files? Everything works great as varchar2s of less than 4k bytes, but I need to add large (megabyte/gigabit) size text.

create or replace procedure add_text (

    ???
)

Thanks Received on Sat May 22 1999 - 07:42:00 CDT