Import/Export questions...

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 14:38:50 -0700

Hello all,

     I am using export (full export) to a file in Oracle 7.1 and now want to import this file to Oracle 7.4. I have some questions about import/export.

  1. Should I create the tablespaces (same path and name as in the old database) in the new database (Oracle 7.4) before import this file? Will import automatically create the datafiles (same path and name as in the old database) in the new databases during import?
  2. If the SYSTEM tablespace contains user tables in the old database, will all these user tables import to the new database? And why?

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Sat May 22 1999 - 16:38:50 CDT