Re: ORACLE HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

From: greg roody <gnr_at_pop.ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:48:24 -0400

  1. It costs more. That makes my budget bigger so clearly I must be more important. Besides, they have really cool parties at the user group meetings and since the 3rd party products also cost more, the vendors are willing to give out better perks and hold better parties..
  2. there are many capabilities and limitations of oracle, but it takes really expensive resources to exploit them which makes my group and budget larger, see a) above. Also, since it's so complex I don't have to worry about the pseudo-geek manager in hr coming up with a slick use on her own. they have to come to my group, see a) above.
  3. well, to really maximize the potential of a) above you have to use it for erp with other apps like sap or peoplesoft. throw in data warehousing and you are golden for many years to come. see a) above.
  4. I don't use it myself, it's too damn complex. I let my group use it. see a) above.
  5. acess wont run on the really big iron like sun ue-10k or the big ibm rs's. They cost a lot too. see a) above.