Re: Enforcing Hierarchical Relationships

From: Tom Clymer <clymer_at_jps.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 06:23:08 -0700

Peter,

> I have implmented your idea with a temporary table [snip]

        I meant to add to my last post that I have decided that the next evolution of my database will rely quite heavily on stored procedures for all data manipulation, and believe that I will be able to avoid the use of these "copy" tables by simply performing the necessary query within my stored procedure PRIOR to trying to insert (or update) the table, thus avoiding the mutation issue here as well. I haven't tried it yet, but the idea seems sound at the moment...

Tom Received on Fri May 21 1999 - 08:23:08 CDT