Re: Problem with rollback

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 22:13:50 -0500

> how I can be sure that my Insert query use the rollback segment that I
have
>make in my tablespace and not the systems Segments
>or
>does there is a solution to stop the transaction for one query
>or
>does there is a solution to commit the transaction when the rollback
>segment is full

If your system is set up according to Oracle's instructions, you create as many rollback segments as you need and place them in their own tablespace (normally named RBS or something like that). After you've created these segments, you disable the rollback segment in the system tablespace. This is normally done when the database is created, but you can do it at a later time. Refer to the Oracle Installation Guide for further information.

Hope that helps,
Brian Peasland
peasland_at_msn.com Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 22:13:50 CDT