On insert, what characters do I need to escape? (or do I?)

From: Brian Lavender <brian_at_brie.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 18:23:52 GMT

When I do an sql insert
insert into foo values (35.3,'tommy',null,''','!@#$><-'',null);

                                           ^ how do I treat this?

I guess I have to at least escape the single quotation mark. Do I do that with a backslash? What about other characters? Do I need to give them special treament?

brian

Brian Lavender
Sacramento, CA
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"If a train station is where the train stops, what is a workstation?" -- Phil Adamson Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 13:23:52 CDT