Reading column comment using ODBC

From: Omer Eisenberg <omereis_at_nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 16:33:01 -0400

Hi All,
I am porting an application developed with Access to Oracle, using ODBC interface. I
am facing a problem reading columns remarks (comments). Using Access, I used
SQLColumns function and read the 12th column, which gave me the remark. In oracle it
doesn't work.
I can see the comments in USER_COL_COMMENTS, so the data is there, but the
ODBC driver (both MS and Oracle drivers) won't get it. Thanks in advance for your help,
Omer. Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 15:33:01 CDT