Re: Development question?

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 15:55:27 +0100

Surely you will find view are okay unless you need to structurally change the table, adding, updating or deleting data from the based tables should have NO effect on the views.
However any new select on a view will bring back the new data.

In fact if you would actively want to use views in this case as a merged table will need constant maintenance.

If you MUST have a merged table have a look at Materialized Views in 8.1 (i.e. 8i) this gives the best of both worlds.

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>