Re: Development question?

From: <mdneal_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:00:06 GMT

In article <37432e14.3096452_at_news.worldonline.nl>,   mj_at_dds.nl wrote:
> Mike,
>
> >Looking for some development suggestions. I need to merge multiple
> >tables containing customer-supplied data into a single table for
> >display on a web front end.
>
> Have you considered views?

> --- Martin (mje_at_telebot.com)

Martin,
Actually I did think about it, but I don't believe that is the ideal strategy to use. The tables within "multiple tables" will change quite often. (i.e. new customer decides to start sending us data which populates that table, or customers descides to stop sending data). In such a situation, the view would have to be re-created to include the new tables or exclude the removed one, correct? Other suggestions?

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 09:00:06 CDT