oracle client configuration

From: TwoSheds <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 13:38:22 +0100

I've got Oracle 8 running on my NT4 Workstation, but I want to be able to log on to the database from other machines on our network.

I realise this will involve setting up and configuring Net8 and Names Servers and Listeners, using host name addressing, and configuring these on the server to listen for incoming connection requests.

I have read lots of documentation (that came with O8), but am still unsure about what software I need to run on the client side, ie the machine I want to be able to log in from. Could someone tell me please what software needs to be run on the remote machine, and any thing else that needs to be configured. For example, do I also need to run a Names Server on the remote machine? Do I need to install Oracle on the remote machine?

thanks in advance,

Kev Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 07:38:22 CDT