Re: Clean Red Hat 6 and Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux -NOGO

From: Christopher R Shelton <cshelton_at_steel.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: 19 May 1999 22:28:04 GMT

Since Oracle uses redhat for development, and 6.0 has been available for several weeks now, I would hope that the delay in releasing a version of 8i for linux is due to making it work with glibc 2.1.

Does anyone know if glibc 2.1 supports async i/o on linux? I heard one mention of this feature with the initial release of glibc 2.1, but I haven't been able to locate any pages with additional information-- the glibc web page only refers to 2.0 and doesn't seem to have been updated in a while.

Chris