How to return a PLSQL index-by table to JDBC or generate a cursor from it?

From: <hchen_at_time-0.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 19:18:22 GMT

Hi,
My java code calls a PLSQL funcion via JDBC. Can I return a PLSQL table (indexed by binary_integer) to the java code?

It seems that there are two choices:
1. return each row of the PLSQL table via a cursor variable 2. convert the PLSQL table to a java array

But I can't find a solution in either way. Please help. According to the Oracle8 manual, it is possible to do this by the nested table in PL/SQL 8.0. But our database is Oracle 7.3. In short, is there any way just to generate a cursor from a index-bt table?

Thanks in advance.
--

Hang Chen, Software Engineer
Time0 Group, Perot Systems