Timing out a remote query

From: <pthambi_at_ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 17:30:57 GMT

If a remote query/update takes a very long time (apparent hang), is it possible for ORACLE to return after some specified timeout? (perhaps returning some error code). I am assuming that the server host and the listener are OK (the state of the connection itself is fine).

Specifically, I would like to know if a client can "cleanly" terminate a connection when a query takes too long. (the client is based on ProC and Emb.SQL, and accesses a remote db using Net8)

THANKS --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Wed May 19 1999 - 12:30:57 CDT