How to produce a text file using PL/SQL

From: Bertin Losier <bertin_at_nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 19:53:20 -0300

Hi,

I wrote a PL/SQL script that reads information from a table and writes this information to a text files. As long as I do this using SQL*PLUS on the server everything is working fine but the script hangs SQL*PLUS running on a client machine.

In order to create the text file I use the UTL_FILE package. It is my understanding that I should use TEXT_IO package from a client point of vew. But I can't find the TEXT_IO package in the ALL_SOURCES view. Can someone confirm that I should be using TEXT_IO and not UTL_FILE? Or can someone point me in another direction that would enable me to accomplish this task on the client? If I should be using TEXT_IO where do I get the source for this package?

Thanks

Bertin Losier
Moncton, NB
Canada
bertin_at_nbnet.nb.ca Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 17:53:20 CDT