Case sensitivity and the LIKE clause

From: Brett Fattori <brettf_at_onlinetech.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 16:35:08 -0400

How can I get a statement like this to return all possible records:

SELECT * FROM tblProd WHERE ProdName LIKE '%chi%';

When the table might contain data like this:

ProdName

Chicken fajitas
Bold CHICKEN Ranch Dip
Tasty chicken burgers

All I get now is the "Tasty chicken burgers" record. Is there such a thing as case insensitivity and how do I use it/not use it?

--
Brett Fattori

Visit The Render Engine

http://www.renderengine.com
"truely timely, truely resourceful"
Your resource for everything trueSpace! Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 15:35:08 CDT