many querries - urgent

From: <kstubm03_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 20:20:44 GMT

Hi all

  I have some querries which need your help, i'd be very thankful if u get me a solution soon

1} I have a batch file which runs the SQL LOADER which i run

    everyday. Now i'm planning to write a stored procedure     which i would submit as a job to ORACLE which will fire it     automatically everyday.
    The thought of HOST command struck me, but i don't know how     do i use a HOST command in procedure. Is it possible to     do so ?
    Is there any other way to accomplish this ?

2} Suppose i have say 5 tables in my tablespace, i want to know how

    much space each table has consumed so far, how is it possible     to see this?

3} I am retrieving the max number + 1 from counter table for my

    current forms doc_id field. In a multiuser environment     if 2 or more user's are working on the same form, then     it'll allow only one fellow to save while others lose     their data, in such circumstances what locking mode is     to be used and why.

4} In Forms 4.5, i created 2 blocks say A and B where A is 'base

    table block' whereas B is 'non base table block'.Each     block is displaying 10 records.I have a button which     retrieves all the data in base table block i.e. A.     Now with the click of a button i want to copy all the records     from of block A to block B, how is it possible?     I tried using 'Copy value from' but i have to navigate to     block B to copy that item and it copies itemwise and with     'Mirror item' it is not possible as i'm copying data from a     different block.
    Is there something like 'Copy Block' or any other built_in     which could help solve this?

5} Can a foreign key reference two primary keys.

thanks to all in adv.

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 15:20:44 CDT