Re: Oracle as a career

From: Iancrozier <iancrozier_at_aol.com>
Date: 18 May 1999 16:49:14 GMT

The standard training is expensive, unless your current employer will reimburse you. Also, there is more than one path in the training program. Do you want to specialize in DBA or development. A local university where I live gives Oracle classes in the evening. They are much cheaper than the standard classes, but obviously take longer to complete. Another local university gives the "suite" of DBA classs for about $8,000.00 total. There are jobs, but you might want to do some aptitude tests before plunging, unless you already have some good computer programming and/or sys admin experience.Just my 2 cents. Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 11:49:14 CDT