DBlink problem

From: Gennaro Napolitano <Gennaro.Napolitano_at_sbsitalia.it>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 17:26:40 +0200

Hy all

I have a problem with a stored procedure that use a dblink.

My procedure is:

create public database link mylink connect to ccc identified by ccc using 'cc';

then I use the dblink in a static statement: INSERT INTO mytab (select * from remote_tab_at_mylink)

during the compilation I receive the error: ORA-04054: database link MYLINK does not exist

I know that I can use the dbms_sql package to avoid this error, but my question is there is no way to force only a syntax and not the semantics check at compilation time?
Something like the SQLCHECK precompiler directive for the Pro*C compiler.

Thanks a lot in advance

Ciao Gennaro Received on Tue May 18 1999 - 10:26:40 CDT