Re: Bypassing Rowid?

From: Mark Gumbs <mgumbs--AT--hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 15:15:56 +0100

You only bypass all triggers etc with SQL*Loader when using direct path (direct=true).
Unless someone knows otherwise, you cannot put data in a rowid column. Rowid is a 'pseudo column' which is internal to an oracle table. Rowid normally maps to the physical location of the data on disk so i can't see the login in wanting to write something to it anyway.

Mark